Re: Can two distros share /home?

From: Chris Maaskant (gchNOSPAMPLEASE_at_multiweb.nl)
Date: 07/02/05

Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2005 22:36:31 +0200

On Sat, 02 Jul 2005 13:20:56 -0700, Lee wrote:

> I have Fedora on my computer right now, but I've been wanting to try out
> Gentoo. I have a 20 GB space on my hard drive with an OS I never use
> anymore that I'm going to give to Gentoo. My question is, can Gentoo share
> a /home partition with Fedora? I'll take it one step farther, can it also
> share my /usr partition (though the /home is more important)? Thanks in
> advance.

I'm not sure, i gues it could work if you have same software at the same
locations on each OS.

Why not test it?
If you have the space to install another OS then do so and copy youre
intire home directory to that new OS and see what happens..

Chris Maaskant.

--
To reply via E-mail remove NOSPAMPLEASE