Re: Equivalent of Windows Multimedia PC on Linux

From: Aragorn (stryder_at_telenet.invalid)
Date: 08/07/05

    Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2005 18:16:33 GMT

    On Sunday 07 August 2005 19:03, 2005 stood up and spoke the following
    words to the masses...:

    > Hi
    >
    > In Windows XP Multimedia PC, you can have TV, Radio, Digital VCR etc.
    >
    > Is this also possible with Linux?
    >
    > Thank you

    I can't give you any details on how to go about that at this stage, but
    I read an article in the Dutch /Linux/ /Magazine/ a while ago,
    describing exactly that: a Gnu/Linux alternative to Windows Multimedia
    Center.

    So as the short, logical answer to your question: yes. :-

    --
    With kind regards,
    *Aragorn*

    • Re: what kind of freeBSD to download for my pc?
      ... This doesn't sound like a Windows only error. ... For multimedia Linux might be better than FreeBSD. ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • Re: Anybody using OpenOffice 2.04 (Linux) under Xandros?
      ... Also any Linux is very CPU intensive playing media files. ... Read up on how to play multimedia. ... I can play anything, including Apple Quicktime. ... So even on netbooks it makes more sense to run Windows vs. ...
      (comp.sys.laptops)
    • Re: Anybody using OpenOffice 2.04 (Linux) under Xandros?
      ... Read up on how to play multimedia. ... I can play anything, including Apple Quicktime. ... But when it comes to multimedia, Linux needs a far ... more powerful CPU than Windows ever did. ...
      (comp.sys.laptops)
    • Re: USB Camera problems in Slackware 9.0, kernel 2.4.23
      ... it's Linux from one end to the other. ... > I was comparing windows to linux because the OP already has an intel ... You flatly stated that "a professional multimedia workstation requires ... boxes, and I'm sure some of them are still using ...
      (comp.os.linux.hardware)
    • Re: USB Camera problems in Slackware 9.0, kernel 2.4.23
      ... it's Linux from one end to the other. ... > I was comparing windows to linux because the OP already has an intel ... You flatly stated that "a professional multimedia workstation requires ... boxes, and I'm sure some of them are still using ...
      (comp.os.linux.setup)