Re: Install problems

From: Robert Newson (ReapNewsB_at_bullet3.fsnet.oc.ku)
Date: 08/07/05

Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2005 21:31:02 GMT

Mark South wrote:

> Yup, I've noticed that too, another MS mystery.

I'm not sure if it's a mystery or a deliberate ploy to ensure you can't
shrink the NTFS partition to allow more, different, partitions to be added.
  I vaguely remember some sort of compactor mentioned in one of the messages
across usenet which can possibly handle shifting this data...though it may
just well be that it is assumed that you'll be running it after a fresh
install before XP has had a chance to stuff data there.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Install problems
    ... >> Yup, I've noticed that too, another MS mystery. ... > shrink the NTFS partition to allow more, different, partitions to be added. ... NTFS resize has no difficulty with shifting those bytes to within the ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: Install problems