Re: adding a hdd == huge nightmare

From: Bit Twister (BitTwister_at_mouse-potato.com)
Date: 08/08/05

Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2005 20:23:40 -0500

On Mon, 08 Aug 2005 00:58:40 GMT, Andrew wrote:
> i added another hdd to one of computers as primary slave and my linux
> install is on primary master. when i booted into linux, some things all of
> a sudden were messed up. programs were segfaulting etc. i turned off and
> unplugged the harddrive i had added. i turned back on and the problems
> were still there.

Guessing A and B drive were not strapped Master and Slave. Maybe A
was strapped _cable select_ or something else _if_ B was strapped slave.

Then under use, both drives responded to a dma and you now have the A drive
dinked up. Other option is electronics got zapped by static discharge
or cable is lose on A drive or motherboard.

My solution, restore from backup.