Re: Linux for an older PC

From: Sybren Stuvel (sybrenUSE_at_YOURthirdtower.com.imagination)
Date: 08/24/05

Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 08:59:15 +0200

Patrick Grimbergen enlightened us with:
> I've installed my first RedHat at the age of 14/15 so that must be
> about 8 years ago. I had no problems at all with the install
> process, except for partition sizes. And there was no graphical
> interface in those days...

So? I drove a diesel van when I was eight. Doesn't mean I don't need a
license now. Just because you could figure things out doesn't mean
everybody can. When I was 13 I was programming in assembly. Do you
really think every computer user should thus be able to do that? Try
and use some logic next time, please.

Sybren

                                             Frank Zappa

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Do we ever need to format/install. . .
    ... Stupidity also generates low info/noise ratio postings. ... But I do know that an install can last for years, ... The philosopher has never killed any priests, whereas the priest has killed a great many philosophers. ...
  • Re: OE Distress
    ... All .dbx files now recovered; mother happy; address book gone AWOL, probably due to my own stupidity. ... Your Mother can reclaim the e-mail addresses by opening a message & adding the sender to the address book, the other stuff is in a .wab file somewhere. ... On the upgrade installations, I uninstalled Office first, then reinstalled it, as some stuff ends up in unlooked-for places if there are any files left from the 98 install. ... I hope she uninstalls it properly - I've deleted things in the past and fallen flat on my face doing so. ...
    (uk.rec.sheds)
  • Re: Newbie Problem with an recompilling kernel
    ... make mrproper ... I used the config.2.4.22-1.2174.nptl from the /boot to configure my kernel. ... > give us the commands you used to compile & install your new kernel. ... > The problem with the world is stupidity. ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: OT: OK, I can admit when I was wrong.................
    ... actually offer courses in such. ... Too bad we couldn't install one of those auto devices on his computer that ... And you show another inning of stupidity. ... send the PC to harry than get a bunch of pirated software installed. ...
    (rec.boats)
  • Re: wifi
    ... > I did get dhcp to function though I still have to input the DNS ... Why not install a release version? ... The problem with the world is stupidity. ...
    (alt.os.linux)