Re: Distro help

From: The Saint (TheSaint_at_Doesntlikespam.com)
Date: 08/27/05

    Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 00:13:09 GMT

    On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 09:35:37 -0700, Slacking wrote:

    > I have the same sort of situation but I haven't fully had the time to
    > install. DSL is a great distro but my favorite is slax
    > http://slax.linux-live.org/ (I am a SlackWARE fanatic ;) A site that I
    > did find helpful was http://www.linux-laptop.net/ It has allot of info
    > pertaining to installing on older laptops, you may even find your model
    > there. I hope this helps and please let us know of your results.

    Thanks for the tips. I will take a look at Slax ...

    Michael.

    • Slax 5.1.8 live CD PDF/Transparency probs when X11-FONTS-MISC module added
      ... Firstly this is not about Slax installed on my HD it is about the SLAX ... Also when using Fluxbox I cannot get the "transparency" effects to work ... When X11-fonts-misc is not installed I get transparency and pdf viewers ... haven't used the correct procedures to install and fc-cache the font ...
      (comp.os.linux.misc)
    • Re: Installing Slax on my hard drive?
      ... Have tried to install Slackware 10.1 but it has not been much of a success ... It would not recognise any partition but my Windoze one. ... Fedora are so easy to install but won't recognize my wireless. ... >> Has anyone tried installing Slax on their computer? ...
      (alt.linux)
    • Re: Installing Slax on my hard drive?
      ... > Has anyone tried installing Slax on their computer? ... I am fairly new to Linux with most of my ... I have a dual boot laptop with XP and FOX ... you may want to install Slackware on your ...
      (alt.linux)
    • Re: Backtrack not booting after installing with windows xp
      ... Sorry, I don't know backtrack. ... I have used Slax. ... full-blown install is my preference, with Slackware as my first choice. ... Douglas Mayne ...
      (comp.os.linux.misc)
    • Re: DNS ppp0 glitch with lynx on tomsrtbt--FIXED
      ... Currently, Slackers think that their liveCD, "SLAX" ... is a "traditional small Slackware". ... If you install it on your hdd, it takes up 500MB of space. ...
      (comp.os.linux.misc)