Ubunutu

From: Dan Nelson (dan_at_localhost.localdomain)
Date: 08/27/05

Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 21:21:51 +0800

I've just installed Unbuntu, and I'm quite impressed. I've used Linux for
a long time as a server, but never needed a gui. I've tried the latest
Linux desktop every six months or so but up till now haven't been that
impressed. Ubuntu looks good.

Was a bit disappointed, though, that the Totem media player didn't play an
mpeg file for me. What do I need to play mpeg files?

Dan

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Ubunutu
    ... I've used Linux for ... > mpeg file for me. ... What do I need to play mpeg files? ... I can listen to BBC radio streams without starting and stopping ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: what version?? need file sharing and web server
    ... I have to say I'm sort of in a similar position in that I'm ... I'm no expert when it comes to things Linux ... As a reference point, hardwarewise, my current server is an old 'Super ... you don't need a GUI and a much smaller subset of distros that might be ...
    (uk.comp.os.linux)
  • Re: Wah, wahing
    ... I don't check my email in a while and this shit happens. ... It does irk me when people at Digg.com bitch & moan about the Linux ... Yes, you can do just about everything from the GUI in Windows, ... having to compile source, they really shed tears over that one. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Xorg replacement?
    ... If I need X11 and Linux doesn't provide it, ... I will definitely not switch to Wayland ... It also means that headless servers don't have GUI ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: ubuntu-users Digest, Vol 66, Issue 187
    ... Linux is built around the shell, with the GUI as a convenience placed ... Bitdefender is a windows AV program. ... My Linux systems were set up by a clean install from a Karmic DVD ...
    (Ubuntu)