From: Dan Nelson (dan_at_localhost.localdomain)
Date: 08/27/05

Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 21:21:51 +0800

I've just installed Unbuntu, and I'm quite impressed. I've used Linux for
a long time as a server, but never needed a gui. I've tried the latest
Linux desktop every six months or so but up till now haven't been that
impressed. Ubuntu looks good.

Was a bit disappointed, though, that the Totem media player didn't play an
mpeg file for me. What do I need to play mpeg files?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Ubunutu
    ... I've used Linux for ... > mpeg file for me. ... What do I need to play mpeg files? ... I can listen to BBC radio streams without starting and stopping ...
  • Re: Wah, wahing
    ... I don't check my email in a while and this shit happens. ... It does irk me when people at Digg.com bitch & moan about the Linux ... Yes, you can do just about everything from the GUI in Windows, ... having to compile source, they really shed tears over that one. ...
  • Re: what version?? need file sharing and web server
    ... I have to say I'm sort of in a similar position in that I'm ... I'm no expert when it comes to things Linux ... As a reference point, hardwarewise, my current server is an old 'Super ... you don't need a GUI and a much smaller subset of distros that might be ...
  • Re: ubuntu-users Digest, Vol 66, Issue 187
    ... Linux is built around the shell, with the GUI as a convenience placed ... Bitdefender is a windows AV program. ... My Linux systems were set up by a clean install from a Karmic DVD ...
  • Re: 3270 emulator?
    ... During the past 3 years my usage of Virtual Machine technology has ... It's entirely possible to use Linux (like all the ... Unix-derived OSes) without ever touching a GUI. ...