Re: how to check what has done on a computer?

From: ERACC (junkmail_at_eracc.com)
Date: 10/01/05

Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2005 15:07:03 -0500

On Sat, 01 Oct 2005 22:38:59 +0800, Ross wrote:

> i try to look at log files but can't obtain what i want. if i suspect sb.
> somehow knows my root password and used it to delete some of the files in
> disk, how can i check? thx a lot!!!!!!!!!!!

Heh, do your own homework and don't get people who have done theirs
to do it for you.

Yr welcome!!!!!!!!!!

Gene (e-mail: gene \a\t eracc \d\o\t com)

--
Linux era4.eracc.UUCP 2.6.8.1-12mdk i686
 15:03:06 up 136 days, 15:44,  8 users,  load average: 0.10, 0.11, 0.03

Relevant Pages

  • Re: mirroring
    ... *Migrating an Existing Linux to RAID1* ... this copies your data from the existing disk to the new disk then overwrites your existing disk* ... Change the partition type on the existing non-raid disk to type 'fd' ... Create the degraded RAID array on the empty disk, but leave out the existing system disk for now. ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: mirroring
    ... *Migrating an Existing Linux to RAID1* ... Change the partition type on the existing non-raid disk to type 'fd' ... Changed system type of partition 1 to fd (Linux raid autodetect) ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: The True Linux Zealot Exposed!! (The Experiment has ended).
  • Re: Panasonic HD Recorders - What disk format?
    ... The earlier part of this is more about what may be Linux partitioning, ... might be possible to present the recorder with a larger disk already ... Most DOS/Windows utilities such as FDisk, Ghost, and Partition Magic Pro ... prompts to format it. ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: defrag in linux?
    ... heads of your HD advance sequentially through the hard disk. ... fragmentation is a concern when one ... On the other hand, if you are Linux, you reorder the ... 'file fragmented' Linux file system and a 'file unfragmented' Linux ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)