Re: how can i edit grub boot loader

From: Sr Bueno (srbueno_at_bueno1.casa.net)
Date: 10/03/05

Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2005 19:21:26 GMT

StvyLife wrote:

> i need to change the default sequence.

Edit file '/boot/grub/menu.lst', moving title groups to the order you
desire.
The line 'default=#' specifies which title to boot as default. The first
title group is '0', the second title group is '1', etc.

Relevant Pages

  • RE: making a floppy for essential modules
    ... # Specifies the boot device. ... This is where Lilo installs its boot ... # Specifies the device that should be mounted as root. ... I am trying to install debian on a dell poweredge, ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Re (2): Installing lilo in Squeeze after booting from the Lenny installer CD.
    ... # Specifies where the boot-strap code will be written. ... # /dev/hda means the master boot record of the first IDE disk. ... # Here's the previous Linux image. ... I like to see the symbolic links in the /boot directory, ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Re: Kernel Panic After Sarge Dist-upgrade To Kernel Image 2.4.27-2-386
    ... > rescbf24 to mount woody still installed and correct the lilo.conf but, ... Sarge's boot is hosed, but you've tried to boot off the Woody ... This is where Lilo installs its boot ... # Specifies the device that should be mounted as root. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: getting LILO to boot windows
    ... >> If LILO or Grub is installed in MBR, ... >Here's what happens when I try to use the windows tools to get it to boot. ... This is where Lilo installs its boot ... ># Specifies the device that should be mounted as root. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)