Re: Vote to change groups.google default reply style!

In alt.os.linux Walter Mitty <mitticus@xxxxxxxxx>:
> "Michael Heiming" risked the wrath of Usenet weenies when he ventured forth
> on 2005-12-28, commmitted his life to the whims of Google, and espoused:

>> In alt.os.linux Walter Mitty <mitticus@xxxxxxxxx>:
>>> "Michael Heiming" risked the wrath of Usenet weenies when he ventured forth
>>> on 2005-12-28, commmitted his life to the whims of Google, and espoused:

>>> You are being ridiculous. So you do deny that your bank and all its
>>> connected subsidaries have even one NT workstaton attached? I'm amazed.
>>
>> Please read back: <hmv783-g9o.ln1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>>
>> "I'd close down my account immediately should I get aware that my
>> bank would use doze on their servers."
>> ^^^^^^^
>>
>> Perhaps I should have added for the systems that keep my account
>> if that wasn't obvious. There wasn't a word about "NT workstaton
>> attached" anywhere or not.

> What are concerned about? Uptime of the server? Data integrity?
> hacking? File system reliability?

It sucks.

[..]

mail: echo zvpunry@xxxxxxxxxx | perl -pe 'y/a-z/n-za-m/'
#bofh excuse 83: Support staff hung over, send aspirin and
come back LATER.

  • RE: Bank pen test
    ... The bank will be working to Risk. ... A vulnerability on an internal system is not always a large risk. ... If they want a pen test of only 20 servers there is no way to know if the ... the veteran Network Behavior Analysis ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: Bad waitress tricks
    ... NOT a bank, you imbecile. ... This isn't a problem with an experienced server, but restaurants often ... Years ago, servers received menu instruction, bar ... Reason 1: restaurants don't wish to pay more than they have ...
    (rec.food.cooking)
  • Re: Another VMS marketing opportunity
    ... > advertise and promote OpenVMS? ... > offices across the country to prevent the Sasser Internet worm from ... > Sampo is Finland's third largest bank with over a million customers ... system based in Windows NT servers! ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: General ntp architecture question
    ... I work for an investment bank with 300 UNIX servers, ... workstation PCs and would like to ask some questions to more ... What are the criteria to consider in deciding when ntp pool project ...
    (comp.protocols.time.ntp)
  • Re: Bad waitress tricks
    ... NOT a bank, you imbecile. ... This isn't a problem with an experienced server, but restaurants often ... Years ago, servers received menu instruction, bar ... and customer and cash / handing procedures. ...
    (rec.food.cooking)