Re: Installing Ubuntu from HD

Quinch wrote:
{hazard warning: complete Linux ignoramus, lack of familiarity with essential concepts likely. Do not feed after midnight}

Short version, I'm trying to install Ubuntu, and I can't.

A bit longer version;

Trying to install Ubuntu as a second OS on a separate hard drive. But there's a few catches.

The CDs are misburnt; it could be that the burner is going, it could be that my RAM is failing, but in hindsight, keeping the CD-R spindle next to the radiator pipe probably wasn't the best idea ever. Bottom line, can't install from CD. At least for now.
[...]
Quinch

(Where are you in the world? town? It may be that someone within a short distance is reading this and would be delighted to throw a good CD accross the ...... fence to you?)
--
ac
.