Re: Installing Ubuntu from HD

Quinch wrote:
{hazard warning: complete Linux ignoramus, lack of familiarity with essential concepts likely. Do not feed after midnight}

Short version, I'm trying to install Ubuntu, and I can't.

A bit longer version;

Trying to install Ubuntu as a second OS on a separate hard drive. But there's a few catches.

The CDs are misburnt; it could be that the burner is going, it could be that my RAM is failing, but in hindsight, keeping the CD-R spindle next to the radiator pipe probably wasn't the best idea ever. Bottom line, can't install from CD. At least for now.

(Where are you in the world? town? It may be that someone within a short distance is reading this and would be delighted to throw a good CD accross the ...... fence to you?)