Re: Dual boot with Windows XP home?

On Tue, 17 Jan 2006 14:44:58 +0000, Nog wrote:

> jt wrote:
>
>> I'm interested in trying Linux and I've downloaded and burned a Mandriva
>> CD
>> and an Ubuntu CD. I currently have Windows XP home edition. Are there
>> any good step-by-step guides to installation for either of these distros
>> so that I don't completely bork my system?
>
> You haven't had any real fun if you haven't borked your system a few times.

Secondhand desktop PCs are sooo cheap that it's really worth having a
spare machine that you can experiment on freely, knowing that if^H^H when
you b0rk it badly you can simply do a fresh install of something new to
clean it up.

Motto: safe data makes for happy experimenting.

> It will take many linux installations before you are happy with one.

The more you do the happier you get in the hope that one day you will
find...The One.

--
mark south: world citizen, net denizen
echo znexfbhgu2000@xxxxxxxxxxx|tr a-z n-za-m

  • Re: Anyone here use Linux?
    ... been using mandriva since 2002. ... Best advice if you are new to linux: ... Just because something is difficult to do in ubuntu ... there are a lot of distributions out there ...
    (rec.music.gdead)
  • Re: Ubunto
    ... That's how to do an installation ... Linux, it's certainly come on leaps and bounds in the past few years. ... Mandriva have been pleasurable to work with - Ubuntu more so, ...
    (uk.comp.homebuilt)
  • Cant configure an Epson C80 printer!
    ... I am new to Ubuntu and Debian based linux, ... I have compared the /etc/cups/ files between Mandriva and Ubuntu (I saved ... oranges, not comparible at all, so configuration is beyond me. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Nasm Error
    ... connexion up and working, before the Dell patches. ... few Linux Distros, where WINE does not work out of the Box? ... but i think that this will be either Ubuntu or Mandriva. ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • Re: Anyone here use Linux?
    ... been using mandriva since 2002. ... Best advice if you are new to linux: ... Just because something is difficult to do in ubuntu ... lots of misleading blogs on that basis. ...
    (rec.music.gdead)