Re: Login Delay in /etc/login.defs not working? Debian

In alt.os.linux x0054 <x0054@xxxxxxxxx>:
I would like to set a login delay so that one can try to login only every
20 seconds from a given ip, to slow down the the bruit force attacks I
have been getting lately on my ssh port. I have set the FAIL_DELAY value
on the /etc/login.defs but it does not look like that changed anything :(

I am using Debian.

Sounds like you could use pam_abl (http://www.hexten.net/pam_abl/).

Another option might be pam_tally but this has (iirc) some
drawbacks.

[..]

Good luck

mail: echo zvpunry@xxxxxxxxxx | perl -pe 'y/a-z/n-za-m/'
#bofh excuse 142: new guy cross-connected phone lines with ac
power bus.
.