Re: How to share ADSL USB modem over a LAN through a Linux server?
- From: x0054 <x0054@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 10 Mar 2006 17:49:26 GMT
"ozion" <icedem28@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in news:1141999285.032309.69540
Here`s my problem:
I have a small LAN set up in my area. Not long ago, I purchased a Adsl
USB modem (SpeedTouch 330) and I had my computer connected. Now, I have
a another pc, on linux, which i wish to use to share my connection to
other three pc`s, all of them on XP. Is that possible? And.. what linux
edition would be more suitable? Please help!
Well, any Linux will do, but if that's the only thing the computer will be
doing then you might as well use IPCop Firewall. If you also going to run
a web server or anything else from the linux box then give Debian a shot.
One problem you may have is getting linux drivers for your USB DSL modem.
So to be honest, I would recommend getting a router/DSL Modem from ebay
for about $70 or so.
- Prev by Date: Re: Information on switches required
- Next by Date: Re: .bash_profile under Ubuntu
- Previous by thread: How to share ADSL USB modem over a LAN through a Linux server?
- Next by thread: .bash_profile under Ubuntu