Re: where do files go when you partition?

Robert Hull wrote:

I realise that you are defensive, but I have nothing but problems with
all versions of Windoze, starting with machines that take 13 minutes to
come to the user prompt then another 9 to load my "preferences" at
work, going via the amount of time that it takes to do anything on a
machine that is well above its supposed minimum spec to the policy of
auto-executing any malicious software that it can find and onward to
machines that need to be reloaded after three days because a failed
rollback leaves them unable to access the hard drive.

At least that covers this week's problems.

All that without mentioning the deliberate policy of releasing Windoze
with vulnerabilities for which patches existed 6 months before it went
into "beta" (for that read pre-alpha).

I'm not being defensive. In fact, I'm trying as much as possible to move to open source software as an alternative to MS (hence my interest in Linux), it's just that a response like "ROFLMAO" is not very helpful, and rather than being usefully critical of Windows or supportive of Linux, it's just kind of silly when directed toward a newbie like me, because it just leaves me confused about what you even mean, other than the general idea of "Windows sucks", of course.
.