Fedora core 5 ipw2100 (again)
- From: talk2dug@xxxxxxxxx
- Date: 5 Apr 2006 18:13:00 -0700
First off, thanks to anyoen in advance that helps out. ANother side not
I have bene out of the linux game for a while. I have been working as a
windows engineer for too long ;)
I have a dell 600m with the ipw2100 card. I just installed fedora core
5. It already has the drivers installed, The card shows up under
network configuration. When I go to bring up the eth1 I get the error
that it does not exsist. I am lost. How can the OS see it but not see
it. Hmmm I am so lost.
[root@localhost ~]# lsmod
ieee80211 28681 1 ipw2100
ieee80211_crypt 6081 1 ieee80211
[root@localhost ~]# /sbin/iwconfig eth1 essid jack2
Error for wireless request "Set ESSID" (8B1A) :
SET failed on device eth1 ; No such device.
PLEASE GOD I need this to work. I am starting to do some security
auditing and really would like to test for rouge wireless.
- Prev by Date: Re: Two questions
- Next by Date: Re: how can I delete posts
- Previous by thread: Gxine media player error msg
- Next by thread: Re: Fedora core 5 ipw2100 (again)