Re: Enabling telnet, ftp, pop3 for root...

matt_left_coast <not@xxxxxxxxxx> (06-04-06 06:55:22):

My system is just secure. Period.

That contradicts what you said in:

Message ID: <e12ucc$t63$00$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

"There is no TOTAL security."

How can you claim "My system is just secure. Period." while saying
"There is no TOTAL security."?

Depends on adverbs. 'Secure' vs. 'just secure' vs. 'totally secure' all
have different weights. However, 'just' secure is a bit discrete. I
meant, in your words, 'secure enough'.

It is clear to me that you can not successfully show where my system
fails and you will say what ever is convenient at the time, even if it
contradicts what you already have said, to continue your "win at all
costs, regardless of the facts" babbling.

Maybe. But you're no better. So I'd say, we stop here.

Regards.

  • Re: [PHP] Site Security
    ... > secure against hacks etc. ... so saying something is 100% secure is like saying ... Peer code reviews are good and cheap. ... willing to spend on security. ...
    (php.general)
  • Re: Enabling telnet, ftp, pop3 for root...
    ... That contradicts what you said in: ... "There is no TOTAL security." ... How can you claim "My system is just secure. ... security by obscurity" When I was securing a port by SHUTTING IT DOWN, ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: Having Users Telnet In And Pick Hours
    ... >> issues as you seem like the kind of person that could find security ... >> an interest in linux.. ... >> going to test it and look at logs and make sure its secure... ... You were saying that there ...
    (alt.linux)
  • Re: [Full-disclosure] Security of phpBB
    ... Tom Edwards wrote: ... > I am new to this list and to security in general so please excuse my ... > secure and told me about this. ... While I'm not saying this is a correct conclusion (and I'm also not ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: SQLServer Auth Methods
    ... the web config is probably not the most secure. ... There's an argument for saying that if your security is so awful that ... If you're talking about integrated security, ...