Re: how to make it auto start?
- From: Ertugrul Soeylemez <never@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 13:01:03 +0200
birre <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxxxx> (06-04-21 12:27:46):
i am using Fedoracore, if i want the OS to run a program
automatically, after the OS was started.
what should i do?
The kernel start a process called init (PID 1)
init is the life in your system, so if you start there, you understand
it all in only a few years :-)
Unfortunately, this doesn't answer Nick's question in any way, because
distributions bring their own higher level mechanisms to start processes
at boot time, while 'init' is at the system level. This would be like
connecting certain wires to turn on the TV instead of just using the
Check out the Fedora Core documentation for how to run services, if
that's what you meant. However, if you just mean to start some program
when you login into your desktop, then you'll find facilities to do that
in your desktop package (KDE, Gnome, or whatever). In that case, just
look through your configuration utility. You'll find it somewhere.
- Prev by Date: Re: how to make it auto start?
- Next by Date: bash script to answer a prompt
- Previous by thread: Re: how to make it auto start?
- Next by thread: Re: how to make it auto start?