Re: adding devices (usb)

Your question and Subject differ - IMO.

To add something use fstab - plus, you may like to use hal for "auto
detection".

As to fstab, here's an example: (knode users may wish to press X here)

/dev/sda /mnt/usbdisk auto noauto,user,sync 0 0
--
BlackTopBum
You don't skateboard?

  • FC3 & cd annoyances
    ... However, music CDs don't play automatically either, even ... supposedly using "auto" as the type should recognize the CD as iso9660 ... why is "auto" not working in the fstab? ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Something always changes fstab
    ... The reason I do this because with auto, sometimes FC4 will fail reading the floppy. ... But, does it mean if I insert a CD into the CDROM drive, supermount will encounter error since it cannot modify fstab anymore? ... I Think I see some mention of setup files in there, ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Something always changes fstab
    ... On Monday 13 February 2006 01:08, Fajar Priyanto wrote: ... I made a modified to my fstab in /dev/fd0 floppy line from auto to vfat. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: [SLE] Accessing a floppy disk-SOLVED
    ... > So looking at my fstab: ... > Surely the word noauto should read auto? ... > those last three csv values include the fs type and I have auto as the ... Why would you automatically mount a floppy drive AFTER booting? ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Something always changes fstab
    ... I made a modified to my fstab in /dev/fd0 floppy line from auto to vfat. ... I Think I see some mention of setup files in there, ...
    (Fedora)