Newbie looking for a distro...
- From: "Uncleclinto!" <waltersweb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 00:01:48 GMT
I was having some problems with my apache server this week on my win2k box.
The folks over at the apache newsgroup said I needed to run it on Linux, not
windows. Problem: I don't know crap about Linux. Apparently, first I need
to choose a distro. Other than a pretty easy to configure freebie, I don't
know what to look for.
I've heard that it's six of one half-dozen of the other, but maybe not. I
want to run it on the box I'm using for a web server and, if possible,
network it with my two win2k lappies through my router. Here's what I'm
--System X86-based PC
--Total Physical Memory: 130,612 KB
--Total Virtual Memory: 441,168 KB
--Intel Pentium II (347 Mhz)
--HD 10 gig
--Cold Fusion 6.1 (not really used yet... too buggy)
--Local network using win2k
--2 laptops (one for my wife & one for web development: Macromedia Studio
Does any of this help narrow down my choices of distro, or is it still a
shot in the dark? What are you using?
Clueless in York,
Clinton J. Walters
M.A. Adult Education
and Distance Learning
- Prev by Date: Re: Want a PCI DSL card
- Next by Date: Re: Fedora Core 5 64 bit edition w/ a weird nVidia
- Previous by thread: Available Space in "/boot"
- Next by thread: Re: Newbie looking for a distro...