Re: How could Linux save PC Games

On Thu, 10 Aug 2006 16:09:52 +0000, Rob Pollard wrote this:

Have you tried Linux?

Most gamers use their PCs for other tasks. I use mine for recording music,
software development and astro processing. Linux simply does not have
quality software available for it. Linux also does not have a tightly
integrated OS resulting in allsorts of usability issues....

I use Linux for almost everything and XP just for gaming and the
occassional app that doesn't have a Linux equivalent, like Alcohol120%.

As for others implying most games aren't written in C++ I would say they
have never seen a single line of source code from a commercial game. I
have seen a LOT of game's source code and for some bizarre reason :-)
they are all in C++ using the direct-x api....

.