Re: Problem composing HTML mails in KMail

J.O. Aho wrote:

achindrabhatnagar@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi,
I Installed SuSE linux 10.1 with KDE 3.5.1 and KMail 1.9.1.

I am still not able to compose my mails in HTML. Although there is a
toolbar to format the mail content with HTML, but when I copy and paste
a table from Spread Sheet or web page the formatting is lost and the
quoted mail content also looses its original html formatting.

You copy the data, not the html tags, you would need to show the source code
and from there cut'n'paste the code to your mail.

Thunderbird works this way, Outlook too!

Is it a problem or there is any configuration issue on my side?

No, just the microsoft idea of polluting mail with html-spam.

//Aho

Mail conversation without HTML formatting, where some technical stuff
is to be discussed becomes a problem. Rich Text is good. Not always do
we discuss about command lines.

Is there any way I can enable this support in KMail, or should I switch
back toThunderbird?

- Achindra

  • Re: Formattable photo emails?
    ... The question involved OE and HTML formatting and was misposted to the Word ... There are newsgroups where these folks congregate. ... >> control or professional level skills. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.newusers)
  • Re: Formattable photo emails?
    ... The question involved OE and HTML formatting and was misposted to the Word ... There are newsgroups where these folks congregate. ... >> control or professional level skills. ...
  • Re: strange problem with smtpmail
    ... If i copy a test project to this server and run in the same ... interfacing and reflection) the e-mails are send but arrive as HTML ... but i wonder why it wil not work with HTML formatting ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)
  • Re: [OT] KMail - forwarding issues
    ... Any e-mail client out there can handle html formatting, ... we currently have for Kmail when it comes to html e-mails. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: "Run Rules Now" works, but automatic doesnt
    ... Then I would suspect you are attempting to exercise a rule that checks for a string but within HTML-formatted e-mails. ... don't see the HTML formatting, especially because it toggles on and off the bolding but affects no characters, your rule will still see all the HTML tags. ... All HTML is plain text but e-mail clients will attempt to render the HTML formatting which can mean some effects are invisible to you. ... If you are trying to trigger on spam words, and if they are HTML-formatted e-mails, there are lots of ways of hiding those spam words, like using abutting HTML tags, using tables, or other formatting methods. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook)