Files Stored on NTFS
- From: nickholum@xxxxxxxxx
- Date: 19 Aug 2006 13:12:38 -0700
I have Suse 10.1 running KDE
AMD x64 2500+ (2.2 GHz) w/ 512 RAM
I also have about 40 gigs of mp3s on an NTFS partition... seperate hard
The issue I'm having is that amarok "skips" all the time. It seems like
everytime I call up another process, the music skips. Starting Firefox
can cause it to skip. Mostly it's larger tasks that cause the problem
though... like installing software starting an online update. Not only
is it a problem for amarok, but it seems like my entire system is over
tasked during larger tasks.
For instance, if I start "software management" in YaST, my entire
system will become basically useless until it's done reading the
package informantion... about 2 or 3 minutes! My mouse skips all over.
I can't switch between windows, no music plays, etc. CPU usage is at
100% the entire time.
So two questions:
1. Does playing music from an NTFS partition cause CPU overhead?
2. Is this just a limitof my hardware?
- Prev by Date: Re: xorg.conf with dual head
- Next by Date: Re: Installing rpms
- Previous by thread: xorg.conf with dual head
- Next by thread: Re: Files Stored on NTFS