Duplicate messages in Thunderbird

I started using Thunderbird 1.5.0.5 this week and noticed that on USENET, many threads appear to have double posts with the same sende/date/time. Some threads appear normal but many are not. Here is a link to a screenshot of what I'm looking at. (100kB)
http://ca.geocities.com/azz1961/Screenshot.jpg
Notice the thread titled (Linux Device Drivers)appears normal while the one above it titled (java runtime editor with firefox) has duplicate posts.

I did not have this problem with Debian's stable Mozilla 1.7.8 release. Is anyone else having this problem? or what am I doing wrong?

Thanks

  • Re: OT - Usenet problems.
    ... posts are appearing twice in the threads, ... down Windows Mail and re-open it - and then off they go, ... then Kev might care to try Thunderbird as his ... usenet is also saved into my 'Sent Items' folder. ...
    (uk.legal)
  • Re: Usenet posts?
    ... originating from Usenet news groups. ... posts appear on my Thunderbird program. ... It's logical that Google ... Isn't Thunderbird some sort of cheap wine? ...
    (rec.music.classical.guitar)
  • Re: Usenet posts?
    ... originating from Usenet news groups. ... posts appear on my Thunderbird program. ... It's logical that Google ... Isn't Thunderbird some sort of cheap wine? ...
    (rec.music.classical.guitar)
  • Re: PDA-friendly web sites
    ... can only cancel your own posts" or words to that effect. ... I don't know Thunderbird, but can't you just mark them as Read? ... Cancelling is for trying to remove a post from the Usenet world, ...
    (alt.usage.english)
  • Re: Duplicate messages in Thunderbird
    ... USENET, many threads appear to have double posts with the same ... sende/date/time. ... link to a screenshot of what I'm looking at. ... one above it titled has duplicate posts. ...
    (alt.os.linux)