Re: copy all /home direcories to new drive?

Robert Hull wrote:

The only file I have in /home is lost+found everything else is a
folder.
You do not have any folders, only subdirectories.

You recognise that there are no dotfiles on /home, yet you persist in
your argument againsty those who say so.

Everything in Linux is a file :P

We have to thank microsoft for creating new names for something that have had names for a long long time before microsoft was doing criminal acts.

microsoft speak "folder" = Computer speak "subdirectory"

//Aho

  • Re: copy all /home direcories to new drive?
    ... folder. ... You recognise that there are no dotfiles on /home, ... Everything is a stream of bytes. ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • RE: Roaming Profiles prevent Folder redirect from working
    ... Step 2: Check the group policy. ... 38069059-Roaming Profiles prevent Folder redirect from working. ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ... This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Email enable doc lib
    ... navigate to the public folder and send some posts with attachments to the ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ... I have disabled forms base Athentication from the default V.Smtp server ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Publishing folders on companyweb
    ... However I thought about makeing the document library some kind of virtual folder which would be redirected to folder on another disk. ... we can make the documents accessible from Internet. ... Click one document library name in the Document Libraries list ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Publishing folders on companyweb
    ... library some kind of virtual folder which would be redirected to folder on ... we can make the documents accessible from Internet. ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)