Re: $35 wifi PCI card works out of the box with Ubuntu linux =)

On 11 Oct 2006 12:17:03 -0700, Beowulf wrote:
Wifi is a problem with linux, so I am posting this in the hopes it will
help some of you looking for a cheap out of the box wifi solution for
linux. Today I bought a DYNEX Wireless G Desktop (PCI) Card DX-WGDTC
at Best Buy for $35.

Hmmm, thinking about hooking my neighbor to my network.
Just guessing I would need to move the card antenna 3 or 4 feet to have
a better line of sight to my house.

Is it possible to add a cable between the card and antenna and if so
what kind of connector, bnc type or threaded?

  • Re: $35 wifi PCI card works out of the box with Ubuntu linux =)
    ... Today I bought a DYNEX Wireless G Desktop (PCI) Card DX-WGDTC ... Just guessing I would need to move the card antenna 3 or 4 feet to have ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: P5/Celeron comments?
    ... type of video capture card require. ... That restriction is caused by the mix of PCI Express and PCI ... which means a PCI bus card may get the "short straw". ... and you only get time slices from each camera. ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)
  • CRASH: SATA + 8139 + Via Rhine = STOP
    ... On the other side I have an 8139 based card. ... a Silicon Image Serial-ATA card on the PCI bus. ... raid5 personality registered as nr 4 ... md: Autodetecting RAID arrays. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: Help me choose S775 board please
    ... as these will just default to lower speed and take my USB3 card without and issues, sorry if I've not made myself 100%. ... Look for a P45 based board, with at least two PCI Express ... if it is included on the motherboard. ... standard, each lane was 250MB/sec, so 8 lanes of wiring can ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)
  • [RFC / git patch] Move pci_find_* under CONFIG_PCI_LEGACY
    ... converting ancient drivers to PCI hotplug API, ... config HISAX_TELESPCI ... bool "NETspider U card" ... +#ifdef CONFIG_PCI_LEGACY ...
    (Linux-Kernel)