Re: rm question

Bit Twister enlightened us alt.os.linux-(ab)users with:

On Thu, 12 Oct 2006 15:38:31 +0200, Walter Mautner wrote:

Rather use /bin/rm -fr /etc/backup/*SQL unless there are no other
files inside that folder. Of course, that only works for that
directory, subdirectories and their content isn't touched.

Uhm, well, due to the "-r" a directory ending in "SQL" would get lost as
well, together with it's content ..

And beware, size matters.

Is it size or case or number of names returned using the wildcard
which to be beware of? :)

*g* ... size of the cluestick. applied, what else?

  • Re: Can someone explain "My Documents"?
    ... > structure but Windows doesn't seem to have a definite structure. ... I have subdirectories for each application I work with. ... Wach application is configured to use this as the default folder. ... project, I file by creating application and if it is a major project, I file ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Side navigation
    ... The subdirectories should be able to contain subdirectories... ... in Band directory is the active page ... "photos" folder and call that folder by the order number. ... I see no such reason for doing so with your source code. ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: Side navigation
    ... The subdirectories should be able to contain subdirectories... ... in Band directory is the active page ... So, when the order is placed, I create a folder under a "photos" ... I see no such reason for doing so with your source code. ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: Files from CD are read only
    ... I've used to use xcopy to copy folders with subdirectories - back in dos ... I don't think xcopy is suitable. ... > I'm gonna create the shortcut now and see what happens. ... Make a copy folder in ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Printing list of files in a folder
    ... subdirectories and files within each. ... >> folder that you can open in notepad for printing or saving. ... >> Open a command prompt (start/run cmd), go to the folder of choice. ... >> Associate Expert - WindowsXP Expert Zone ...