Re: pcmcia wifi that works out of box?

On Thu, 02 Nov 2006 21:23:34 +0100, J.O. Aho inscribed to the world:
The bcm43xx driver should work with your 4318, there are still some issues, so
the driver isn't fully stable for your wlan. You shouldn't have both drivers
loaded, this will cause just trouble, use lsmod to see if you have bcm43xx
loaded while you try to use ndiswrapper or the other way around.

Are you saying bcm43xx is the specific name of a driver, in other words xx
are not meant to be math variables but xx is the actual part of the driver
name? I just want to be clear.

  • Re: Need to make sure I have the nvidia proprietary driver running.
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: pcmcia wifi that works out of box?
    ... the driver isn't fully stable for your wlan. ... You shouldn't have both drivers loaded, this will cause just trouble, use lsmod to see if you have bcm43xx loaded while you try to use ndiswrapper or the other way around. ... Are you saying bcm43xx is the specific name of a driver, ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: wlan interface problem
    ... Checks if the driver is correctly installed? ... #lsmod ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ... Trouble? ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Help with A8N-SLI Premium audio
    ... >I installed the AMD processor driver and the nForce chipset drivers. ... >sound works in the restored installation, ... >else had trouble getting this device to work (a Google search turned ... >wrong or what I did differently from the first time. ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)
  • Help with A8N-SLI Premium audio
    ... I built my computer in June and had NO trouble whatsoever, ... (It seems to have resulted from a BIOS setting that somehow ... I installed the AMD processor driver and the nForce chipset drivers. ... wrong or what I did differently from the first time. ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)