Re: Nice article -Crossing the OS Divide With Linux
- From: Baron <baron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 11:29:25 +0000
On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 21:34:24 +0000, ac wrote:
'Crossing the OS Divide With Linux'
By Jack M. Germain www.LinuxInsider.com
A long time windows user got fed up and tried various distros,
liked Ubuntu, then went as far as deleting windows.
Great article. I have been using Linux (PCLinuxOS) for five days.
All the computers in my home (5) are Windows-based. I am a medical
transcriptionist and my wife and two daughters are now training to
become the same.
So far I am enjoying the experience of experimenting. My family,
myself, type with the Dvorak layout. I thought that wasn't an
option in PSLOS. But IT IS!
Now, here is the thing... I can not fully migrate to Linux and
neither can my family because of a software problem. That problem is
Linux does not have any TEXT EXPANDER. That is an absolute necessity
for any Medical Transcriptionist. I work for a company that has
several thousand home-based transcriptionists. Everyone of them use
a word expander.
How does one carry a petition to have software developed? I use
As-U-Type, others use SpeedType, etc. This is a real need and if
anyone would, please point me to someone or someplace where this
might be discussed.
I suspect that after five days you haven't explored enough !
- Prev by Date: Re: Nice article -Crossing the OS Divide With Linux
- Next by Date: Re: XTerm control sequences in Konsole
- Previous by thread: Re: Nice article -Crossing the OS Divide With Linux
- Next by thread: How to install mandriva linux from hard disk ,haven't floppy drive