Video Card Driver Installation and Network Setup With WinXP
- From: longgone@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2007 15:33:48 GMT
1) I have downloaded a file called
"ati Linux -driver-installer-8.32.5-x86.x86_64.run".
I would appreciate any advice regarding how to install the driver. My
Apple ][ and MS background doesn't give me any direction in this case.
The computer is a Asus P5WD2-E Premium with a X700 PCI-E video card.
As a comment , the Fedora 6 version of linux was the only version of
linux that I have been able completely install, that would function
properly afterwards. However, it is running in about a 400 something
by 300 something resolution.
I was able to get Suse 10.0 "running", but strangely enough Red Hat 9
and a couple other distribution versions hung-up during installation.
2) As with Suse, I have been unable to get WinXP computers to
recognize the Fedora machine on the home network, and vica-versa.
Again suggestions would be appreciated.
- Prev by Date: Re: Nice article -Crossing the OS Divide With Linux
- Next by Date: Linux Distribution that Works out of the box on Virtual PC 2007??
- Previous by thread: Re: Nice article -Crossing the OS Divide With Linux
- Next by thread: Re: Video Card Driver Installation and Network Setup With WinXP