Re: Alternatives to 'cp' command?
- From: Sybren Stuvel <sybrenUSE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 00:15:23 +0100
Beowulf enlightened us with:
On Sun, 07 Jan 2007 15:30:22 -0600, Beowulf wrote:
I will report back.
I think the publishers owe me a new disc:
$ dd if=/dev/dvd of=image.iso
dd: reading `/dev/dvd': Input/output error
4507496+0 records in
4507496+0 records out
2307837952 bytes (2.3 GB) copied, 614.439 seconds, 3.8 MB/s
I/O errors are quite common when the last sector is smaller than the
block size. Use "blockdev --getbsz /dev/dvd" to get the blocksize of
the DVD, then add a "bs=<block size>" option to the dd command, of
course without the <>.
StÃ¼vel IT - http://www.stuvel.eu/
- Prev by Date: Re: Alternatives to 'cp' command?
- Next by Date: Re: Making Linux Easy for Newbies
- Previous by thread: Re: Alternatives to 'cp' command?
- Next by thread: Re: Alternatives to 'cp' command?