cp command without symbolic links

What I want to do is copy files from one folder to another but not
create the destination files and folders without creating a symbolic
link to them.

The reason why is that we want to create a test site without going back
to the live links.

Any help would be appreciated.

I've tried cp --copy-contents but that still keeps the symbolic links
intact.

Thank you in advance.

  • Re: Copying Folders with some R/W files and som R Only.
    ... > R/W and some R Only to another folder with a different name but containg ... destination files will be overwritten and the ... original time/date stamp. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Publishing Error
    ... "You specified identical filenames for some of the files you are trying to ... Make sure all destination files have unique names and try again." ... folder and got the same message. ... Any clues? ...
    (microsoft.public.frontpage.client)
  • Re: Tranferring Web and FP From One Drive to Another
    ... When prompted that the folder is not a Web ... The files were still intact. ... > The web opens OK, but there is no theme or navigation. ...
    (microsoft.public.frontpage.client)
  • Re: all my files are deleted!!!Help
    ... all my files (office files, pictures, music, videos...) ... have been deleted from the desktop although the folder ... remains intact. ... i tried antivirus, searching for the ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Message index lost when kmail is moved.
    ... I moved my home directory to a different partition. ... that are still intact in that folder but won't properly show in the ... Kmail index. ...
    (comp.windows.x.kde)