Re: [Problem]: GRUB + openSUSE 10.2 + Windows XP + sil3112a

On Sun, 08 Apr 2007 16:03:24 +0200, Lx wrote:

Hello,
I have the mainboard Epox 8RDA3+ (nForce2 Ultra 400) with integrated SATA
constroller SIL3112A. I have installed openSUSE 10.2 in the first SATA
disk, and Windows XP in the second SATA disk.
The problem is that I'm not able to start Windows. When I try to boot Win, I
can only see the text of instructions, for exapmle:

rootnoverify (hd0,0)
makeactive
chainloader (hd1,0)+1
boot

Try this;

title Windows
rootnoverify (hd1,0)
map (hd1) (hd0)
map (hd0) (hd1)
makeactive
chainloader +1

--
imotgm
"Lost? Lost? I've never been lost... Been a tad confused for a

  • Re: Unable to Boot into XP
    ... Do you have room in your computer to remove that Hard Drive and install ... I would buy another Hard Drive and install Windows XP on that Hard ... removed Hard Drive as a Slave or Secondary Master, because you have a SATA ... I placed the windows xp disk and after it started i pushed R and it ...
  • Invalid System Disk ( long post )
    ... 300 GB Sata II HD ... System Disk Replace the disk and hit any key" Hit a key and windows boots ...
  • Re: Cloning
    ... Another question did you install the sata drivers for your sata drive before ... THe deal is that BIOS can see the Seagate 160 gig drive yet Windows, i.e., ... I have a 40 gig disk where my XP Pro is lying ... I want to clone it onto a 500 gig SATA ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: need my documents recover
    ... > and in the process of whatever he did I lost all of "my documents". ... - You posted your question in a hardware group. ... Does Windows ... Get a 2.5" hard disk and a matching USB enclosure, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: OT: Ping Paul-B
    ... and a really loud one at shutdown - though the Seagate Disk ... >> SATA one. ... would I be better using the SATA disk as the primary Windows ...
    (rec.autos.sport.f1)