Re: Posting using Pan

On Mon, 28 May 2007 11:56:38 -0500, Dave Uhring wrote:

Strange, sky.com has news.sky.com registered in their DNS,
195.173.72.91, but it does not respond to a ping.

Not so strange if you're familiar with satellite tv broadcasting in
Europe... news.sky.com in a browser gives you the web page of Sky News, a
24 hour tv news channel.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Sky_Broadcasting

  • Re: Posting using Pan
    ... Europe... ... news.sky.com in a browser gives you the web page of Sky News, ... They must have blocked ping packets. ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: Iraq War Inquiry - the failure of Public Service Broadcasting
    ... UK TV channels are broadcasting it live...not BBC Parliament, ... News or Sky News. ... The painful truth is that no-one is interested. ...
    (uk.legal)
  • Sky News goes HD next year
    ... Sky News plans to go HD next year. ... Sky News HD will begin broadcasting in spring 2010 following a major ... It is a vision that clearly defines Sky's strengths, ... at ceremonial events, HD is an opportunity to bring our viewers much ...
    (uk.media.tv.misc)
  • Re: Iraq War Inquiry - the failure of Public Service Broadcasting
    ... UK TV channels are broadcasting it live...not BBC Parliament, ... News or Sky News. ... We are only being treated to selected excerpts ...
    (uk.legal)