Re: Which distribution etc

Horton heard a Who named brennfalcon saying:
Hi,
I'm keen to give Linux a try but would be grateful for some advice on
distribution etc.

I prefer Debian. Others have answered this with a good source , so ...

<snip>
I'm also interested in using the linux bit of my system for some web
design - good idea/bad idea? And if so can anyone recommend a good
package?

Using Linux to code web pages is an excellent idea. Any text editor will do if
you know the code. Here's a great web site for coding information and examples:
http://www.w3schools.com/

Check you code here: http://validator.w3.org/

Sorry if any/all of these are stupid questions!

Nope; thanks for stopping by!

--
sk8r-365
The only way to make Windows "secure":