Force data packet out a specific interface?

Is it possible to send a data packet out a specific ethernet interface?

I'm trying to troubleshoot an intermittent connectivity problem with a
server I'm hosting on eth2 of my Debian machine. It looks like my ISP is
forgetting the route to my dynamic IP address if no data is seen for 10
minutes.

I'd like to set something up to do a PING out eth2 on a regular basis.

  • Re: [bug] stuck localhost TCP connections, v2.6.26-rc3+
    ... So the code you will revert came from my fingers. ... part of the handshake is received, but the socket ... isn't put on the accept queue until a real data packet arrives. ... I did run tests where the server died in between the handshake being ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: [bug] stuck localhost TCP connections, v2.6.26-rc3+
    ... So the code you will revert came from my fingers. ... part of the handshake is received, but the socket ... isn't put on the accept queue until a real data packet arrives. ... I did run tests where the server died in between the handshake being ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Suggestioon for client-server-interface
    ... I recently connected the controller of our solar heating to my PC. ... controller sends a data packet with the current status and other data ... contact the server. ... of rename would solve my problems, ...
    (comp.os.linux.development.apps)
  • Re: Wake up mobile device from suspend on incoming GPRS data packet
    ... > GPRS data network. ... > respond on an incoming data packet from the server over GPRS even when the ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc.phone_edition)
  • Re: Emails always arrive late
    ... This generally means that the end users workstation is not receiving a UDP ... data packet from the server. ... Since you mention Windows XP, is the built-in firewall or have the ... > has a mailbox on the server with about 500 MB of data. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook)