Re: Hello Everyone

Horton heard a Who named DarkBahamut saying:
Hi Everyone
I'm new to this newsgroup also new to Linux as I haven't been able to
successfully it yet..
wellz.. I was wondering if anyone could help me possibly?

I've tried a few different versions of Linux but I get an error and a
different error every time I try to install it
I was wondering if anyone could help recommend a good version of Linux that
will work on my computer

I am using a Laptop HP dv6040us.
<snip>

Lot's of information but mostly the wrong type. Which distros have you
tried? *Exactly* what errors are you seeing? Hard to help not knowing
what pitfalls you've had.

--
sk8r-365
The U.S. government is destroying our freedoms daily

  • Re: Large binary newreader help please!
    ... I never turn off any of my computers, ... XP and Linux do this quite well. ... I will go back to my default bellsouth NNTP server for general newsgroup ... I had to dump slrn for the large binary stuff. ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: Large binary newreader help please!
    ... I never turn off any of my computers, ... XP and Linux do this quite well. ... I will go back to my default bellsouth NNTP server for general newsgroup ... I had to dump slrn for the large binary stuff. ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • [alt.os.linux.suse] FAQ
    ... alt-os-linux-suse FAQ and desired newsgroup behavior ... Keywords: faqs suse linux ... This FAQ is written and maintained by Kevin Nathan, ... first-born, male child to the gurus of Linux, ad nauseum. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: ** READ THIS BEFORE POSTING - answers to frequently asked questions 2003.10.08
    ... Crossposting also tends to throw long term newsgroup participants together ... >> linux might soon become a reality in my box. ... >> $1000 worth of microsoft garbage? ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: ** READ THIS BEFORE POSTING - answers to frequently asked questions 2003.10.08
    ... Crossposting also tends to throw long term newsgroup participants together ... >> linux might soon become a reality in my box. ... >> $1000 worth of microsoft garbage? ...
    (microsoft.public.security)