Re: totally wiping harddisk using Knoppix

"ray" <ray@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
On Sat, 24 Nov 2007 23:55:19 +0000, Aaron Gray wrote:

"Aaron Gray" <ang.usenet@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi,

I want to wipe a harddisk using Knoppix. I have a Vista instillation
that
refuses to boot no matter what I do to it, even tried accessing it using
an XP boot CD but that just hangs on boot.

So I have backed up every thing to my XP disk.

Now I need a good lowlevel command to wipe the darn thing.

I used the Ultimate Boot Disk in the end.

Got Vista installed again as well as XP, all I need it a third hard drive
bay for my Fedora HD to fit in.

Thanks,

Aaron

FWIW - it really is not necessary to put everything on separate disks. I
have six distros on one drive.

I feel safer that way and can always swap them from machine to machine
easier.

Thanks,

Aaron

.