Re: totally wiping harddisk using Knoppix

"ray" <ray@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
On Sat, 24 Nov 2007 23:55:19 +0000, Aaron Gray wrote:

"Aaron Gray" <ang.usenet@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi,

I want to wipe a harddisk using Knoppix. I have a Vista instillation
that
refuses to boot no matter what I do to it, even tried accessing it using
an XP boot CD but that just hangs on boot.

So I have backed up every thing to my XP disk.

Now I need a good lowlevel command to wipe the darn thing.

I used the Ultimate Boot Disk in the end.

Got Vista installed again as well as XP, all I need it a third hard drive
bay for my Fedora HD to fit in.

Thanks,

Aaron

FWIW - it really is not necessary to put everything on separate disks. I
have six distros on one drive.

I feel safer that way and can always swap them from machine to machine
easier.

Thanks,

Aaron

  • Re: Clearing Old PCs
    ... support PXE boot. ... to the ultimate wipe, which makes 7 passes with various bit patterns to ... DBAN is a single bootable floppy Linux ... the time to securely wipe old hard drives before I sell or give them away. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Secure file eraser
    ... >> Can anyone recommend one? ... And if you want to wipe the whole disk - Darik's Boot and Nuke does just ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: deleting hard drive info before selling a computer
    ... You want to WIPE your hard drive. ... you should get a wiping utility. ... the ones on the Ultimate Boot CD. ... UBCD for Windows will work as well but you can try that one also. ...
    (comp.sys.laptops)
  • Re: Clean the Drive
    ... A friend wants to wipe a drive clean before giving her computer to ... | Is there a Floppy type boot that can Wipe the drive clean? ... Boot to Maxtor floppy. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Formatting/Reinstalling OS
    ... A couple of other ways to wipe the drive include; boot a win98/ME startup ... run fdisk and delete all partition information found (as long as NTFS ... when I run this Dell cd I get an error ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.setup)