Re: Buying a Seagate hard drive? - note this....
- From: "Tyler W." <xxx>
- Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2007 14:13:45 -0600
I will not be buying seagate again for a looong time.Is it the same for Older versions like the *Seagate 7200.10 750GB SATA Hard Drive*
SEAGATE'S latest batch of drives, the ironically titled Free Agent series are not compatible with the Open Sauce operating system Linux.
As an INQ reader, who owns two 320s and 500s (USB2) pointed out to us, Seagate designers must have been working overtime to manage that feat. Linux runs his ancient Arcnet card, the latest DVB-c/s/t cards and even the more obscure studio-grade A/D/A converters. It cannot manage the latest from Seagate.
The problem is to do with the power-saving systems on Seagate's latest range of drives and the fact that it is shipped already formatted to NTFS.
- Prev by Date: Re: Compile vs. rpm installation
- Next by Date: Re: Buying a Seagate hard drive? - note this....
- Previous by thread: Buying a Seagate hard drive? - note this....
- Next by thread: Re: Buying a Seagate hard drive? - note this....