Re: Buying a Seagate hard drive? - note this....

John Hasler wrote:

Theo v. Werkhoven writes:
I wonder how much maxtor's paying MS for the "priviledge" of using
NTFS...

There is no reason they would have to pay them anything.
Don't Seagate own Maxtor ?
--
Best Regards:
Baron.

  • Re: Hard drives...
    ... should be considering/avoiding with regards to reliability? ... Seagate 1 Maxtor 0 ...
    (uk.comp.homebuilt)
  • Re: Seagate buys Maxtor
    ... Seagate Technology's pending $1.9 billion acquisition of rival Maxtor ... ever beefier and faster hard drives that store data inside huge ... Based on Seagate's closing stock price on Tuesday, ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Re: SATA RAID: Adaptec 1420SA, Promise TX4300?
    ... manually start the rebuild operation in software or BIOS) ... My last functioning batch of hard drives were all Maxtor. ... Seagate is buying Maxtor, so it probably won't matter soon. ...
    (freebsd-stable)
  • Re: About external hard drives
    ... price, $80-90, made by Western Digital, Maxtor, and Seagate. ... Seagate and Maxtor are the same company now; ... An external drive is nothing but a regular internal IDE drive mounted in ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: About external hard drives
    ... supply/computer stores here offering 500GB units for about the same price, $80-90, made by Western Digital, Maxtor, and Seagate. ... An external drive is nothing but a regular internal IDE drive mounted in an external box with a USB connection. ... You may not beat that $80-90 price, but I think it's worth your while to see what you can buy like that and compare models, specs, prices, etc. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)