Re: WoW

Darklight wrote:

Dr. Deb wrote:

I have WoW up and running under Wine, but the frame rate is taking a
horrific hit. Under Windows I am running at 60fps and under Linux the
best
I can do is 24 and usually more like 12. Any hints??

I am running a dual core AMD, 2 gig RAM and a GeForce 8400 video card
with
256DDR, Linux OS is PCLinuxOS 2007

Thanks

Deb
try this

Thanks for the reference. I had read it but forgotten about it.(happens in
the 7th decade :-) )

I have tried Crossover and could not get it to work, in fact, I never have
been able to make it work on any app I really wanted to run. I am sure it
works well with the listed apps, but I don't use Micky Soft products.

Will try the 16bit video setting and see how it goes.

Thanks

Deb

  • Re: Trying to stress my Video card
    ... http://www.passmark.com on my windows XP partition and burnP6 for Gentoo ... glxgears gave me 900 FPS running Gentoo linux for over an hour when i ... I run Video Card Stability Test.exe from ... causing the laptop to overheat. ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: Trying to stress my Video card
    ... http://www.passmark.com on my windows XP partition and burnP6 for Gentoo ... glxgears gave me 900 FPS running Gentoo linux for over an hour when i ... I run Video Card Stability Test.exe from ... Last time that happened to me, turned out to be dust clogged radiators causing the laptop to overheat. ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: Trying to stress my Video card
    ... Trying to find where the problem lay i run burnintest.exe from ... http://www.passmark.com on my windows XP partition and burnP6 for Gentoo ... glxgears gave me 900 FPS running Gentoo linux for over an hour when i ... I run Video Card Stability Test.exe from ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: Why I Use Linux and not Windows XP.
    ... > I am burning a DVD back up and I am posting this message. ... > And THAT is why I use Linux instead of Windows. ... far below my XP machine in terms of horsepower, amount of RAM, video card, ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Linux stops working
    ... All about nVIDIA drivers which work on Windows but not Linux. ... to the section of xorg.conf that defines the video card. ...
    (Fedora)