Re: Old laptop HD to pick up with usb adaptor
- From: Rikishi 42 <skunkworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 19:23:49 +0100
On 2008-02-07, tinkering@xxxxxx <tinkering@xxxxxx> wrote:
It looks like the problem is disk or adaptor. There's a metal
tab on the casing of this disk which forces connection in only
one way. But if this trab were bent, or on the other disk I had
trioed which didn't have such a tab, the adaptor could be connected
at least in two different ways. There's no pinhole blocked out to
match the missing pin on the 2.5" disk.
One more thing, I didn't think about. I have one USB box that required the
HD to be set for cable selection. Won't take any other setting. Other boxes
accept cable select or master.
You never know...
There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying.
The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.
- Prev by Date: Re: Old laptop HD to pick up with usb adaptor
- Next by Date: Re: Old laptop HD to pick up with usb adaptor
- Previous by thread: Re: Old laptop HD to pick up with usb adaptor
- Next by thread: Re: Old laptop HD to pick up with usb adaptor