Re: logout X and halt using Cron job

heavytull wrote:
On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 22:44:39 +0000, Bit Twister wrote:

On 12 Mar 2008 22:20:13 GMT, heavytull wrote:
I would like to make a kron job to logout from the X window and halt
the computer at a give time.
No idea about kron.
sorry, it's Cron
On my linux installation there is a hourly cron
directory.

There is also Kcron :)

Vahis
--
"Only wimps use tape backup:
_real_ men just upload their important stuff on ftp,

  • Re: [SLE] rsync log
    ... If you type kcron you should get the ... What this means is the non-error output from a command like rsync prints ... the standard output of a cron job is emailed ... kcron is just a GIU way to specify your crontab ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [SLE] Cron job generates a strange error messages
    ... > This is what I meant about non-printable garbage characters. ... I usually create new cron jobs ... Looking at crontab tells me nothing but if I either ... correct it in kcron or crontab by the explained method, ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Where is KCRON?
    ... | around on that I found a reference to KCRON which I guess is supposed to be ... | installed along with KDE. ... how can I get it to install? ... | little more functionality than cron, like showing when something is running, ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Live Distro and USB Drive...?
    ... you can boot knoppix from cd and store all your settings and files on a ... usb stick ... "Only wimps use tape backup: /V\ real men just upload their important stuff // \\ on ftp, and let the rest of the world mirror it." ...
    (alt.linux)
  • Re: tightvncserver vs vnc4server
    ... Absolutely the best and also secure (ssh2) ... "Only wimps use tape backup: ... _real_ men just upload their important stuff on ftp, ...
    (alt.os.linux)