New releases query

Hi all,

This has flummoxed me quite a bit. Some Linux flavors like Ubuntu, Fedora
and others keep releasing their new versions every six months or so, much
unlike Windows. Ok, let me clear am not a troll here and neither a M$ fan
and am using Outlook Express to post this. But what really is the need for
such frequent releases? Does this prod Linux users to change over to the new
release or new flavor? While the enormous efforts of the open source
community is highly appreciated, the question is why aren't the patches or
upgrades released as it happened with WinXP SP2.

Regards,
Arty

  • Re: New releases query
    ... Some Linux flavors like Ubuntu, ... and others keep releasing their new versions every six months or so, ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: New releases query
    ... Some Linux flavors like Ubuntu, ... and others keep releasing their new versions every six months or so, ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: New releases query
    ... Some Linux flavors like Ubuntu, Fedora ... and others keep releasing their new versions every six months or so, ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: Fedora - time to blink
    ... I thought Red Hat was releasing a tested and supported system...and ... Fedora was just a test bed for the latest software and was only for those ... willing/desiring to take the chance/risk...and deal with bleeding edge ... Fedora (at least as a KDE user...).... ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: ntoskrnl.exe
    ... Where is it written what the "intended audience" of Fedora is? ... not an excuse for releasing something with this kind of problem ... am I able to be freed from Windows if I can't even install Linux without ...
    (Fedora)