Re: Bind and volatile interfaces

If this is not enough, you can add this address to a permanent interface
such as the loopback interface lo or a dummy address :
I picked this solution for the time being.

Sorry, I didn't create a fake local interface. I found that the
workstations in the 192.168.2.50 volatile interface could ping a
permanent IP 192.168.1.2, which is also the server. So I set all PCs in
the 192.168.2.xx subnet to use 192.168.1.2 as ms-dns and ms-wins.

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/( _ )\ (Xubuntu 7.10) Linux 2.6.24.4

  • Attribute for unused dummy arguments
    ... A procedure interface may be predefined or shared by several distinct procedures. ... Dummy arguments with INTENTare often present as dummy arguments for the single purpose of deallocating and/or default-initializing their components. ... With this background, would it make sense to add an attribute to the language which asserts that a particular implementation of the procedure does not reference a particular dummy in its body? ... Probably it is not sufficiently important for a language extension, but I am a bit annoyed of accumulating compiler warnings from this source. ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: procedures as arguments - interface block in a module?
    ... routine "fun" for which you defined the interface before this. ... on declaration of procedures, but it doesn't. ... There are no dummy procedures in sight in the scope of the module (there ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: Are procedure dummy arguments ignored in generic procedure resolution?
    ... > procedures via an interface block or an external statement, ... > a value of that implicit type or a subroutine if the dummy argument ... > has no declaration in the interface block. ... block or an external statement. ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: Extending types and ambiguous interfaces
    ... "If the reference is consistent with a nonelemental reference to one ... of the specific interfaces of a generic interface that has that name ... declared type of "class". ... "A dummy argument is type, kind, and rank compatible, or TKR ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: PROCEDURE with implicit interface as actual argument
    ... "If the interface of the dummy argument is explicit,... ... this make the pointer automatically a function procedure pointer? ... If I replace the explicit interface in my example by "real, ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)