Re: Start Linux from Windows???

Mussemouse <Me@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Earlier it was possible to use loadlin.exe to start up a linux distro from
Dos/Windos, is there any tool like this around for the newer versions of
windos?
A few friends of mine wants (finally) test A Linux distro and asked me to
help but I don't know anything about newer windos PX and Visto or whatever
they are called.
My idea was to make something simple like a boot able CD but then they where
afraid of that they absolutely wanted to start it from their system so I
thought I could use loadlin but that is very old and doesn't support newer
than 98.
So if anyone have an idea please help!!!!

AFAIK you can install Ubuntu from within Windows.

Florian
--
<http://www.florian-diesch.de/>