Re: Start Linux from Windows???

Mussemouse <Me@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Earlier it was possible to use loadlin.exe to start up a linux distro from
Dos/Windos, is there any tool like this around for the newer versions of
windos?
A few friends of mine wants (finally) test A Linux distro and asked me to
help but I don't know anything about newer windos PX and Visto or whatever
they are called.
My idea was to make something simple like a boot able CD but then they where
afraid of that they absolutely wanted to start it from their system so I
thought I could use loadlin but that is very old and doesn't support newer
than 98.
So if anyone have an idea please help!!!!

AFAIK you can install Ubuntu from within Windows.

Florian
--
<http://www.florian-diesch.de/>

  • Re: Start Linux from Windows???
    ... Mussemouse wrote: ... Earlier it was possible to use loadlin.exe to start up a linux distro from ... Dos/Windos, is there any tool like this around for the newer versions of ... help but I don't know anything about newer windos PX and Visto or whatever ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Start Linux from Windows???
    ... Earlier it was possible to use loadlin.exe to start up a linux distro from ... Dos/Windos, is there any tool like this around for the newer versions of ... help but I don't know anything about newer windos PX and Visto or whatever ... thought I could use loadlin but that is very old and doesn't support newer ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: Start Linux from Windows???
    ... from Dos/Windos, is there any tool like this around for the newer ... versions of windos? ... A few friends of mine wants test A Linux distro and asked me ... products is an already setup virtualbox containing a Linux distro. ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • printer problem
    ... hi friends well i am been trying to add my lexmark X5150 to my pc i am ... using windos XP First I receive this,? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax)
  • Re: Unreal Tournament 2004 for Linux
    ... >> Yeah, but now I can play Unreal Touranment 2004 with all my Windos ... > You have no friends. ...
    (microsoft.public.games)