problems changing screen resolution ubuntu 8.04

When trying to change the screen resolution from the default to a lower
resolution, the screen will not synch. The resolution changes but the screen
moves rapidly side to side and the moving the mouse up erases the screen. It
does this no matter what refresh rate I choose, 85 75, etc
I have to reboot to get back to the default screen.
Any tips?
David

  • Re: Screen Resolution Change Using GUI Not Working
    ... Jeffrey Tooker wrote: ... I go to System>Preferences>Screen Resolution. ... through the three choices on the window and click apply. ... resolution changes, I had to reboot my system. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: How do I resize slides?
    ... Resolution changes the quality, not the size. ... Neelie ... Would changing the Resolution help? ...
    (microsoft.public.powerpoint)
  • Re: Logging out changes screen resolution.
    ... > resolution changes to colorsallad. ... textmode at run level 3? ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: [opensuse] Intel 965G and 1680 x 1050
    ... resolution option for sax2. ... Ok David, I patched and 915resolution -l gave exactly above ouput ...i ... resolution and the color depth were disabled:o Anyways, ... Subsection "Display" ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Martyrs for the cause
    ... David got caught. ... I made no flame whatsoever. ... value to resolution. ... refute your claim about a "null" result. ...
    (sci.physics.relativity)