Re: Now that we have all had fun

Crashdamage wrote:

On Sat, 31 May 2008 17:55:02 +0200, Steffen Pohle <steffen@xxxxxxxx>
wrote:

On Sat, 31 May 2008 10:14:15 -0500
"Dr. Deb" <dgfreeman@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

What I have is an ISP who requires user name and password at each ADSL
logon, just like a dialup modem. If I had a wireless router I could set
it up to handle the handshaking, but since I don't how do I connect?

how about pppoe? and pppoeconf should do this? On the debian netinstall
ima> ges it is included and i think it is also included in the most other
distributions.

I use wvdial to connect using a built-in 3G wireless card in my laptop.
Should work fine for your purposes and again, is available in most
distros.

Thnaks, I will take a look, but did not see it as an installed app. But
then I was not specifically looking for it either.

Thanks again.

Deb
.