Re: [xubuntu] Preventing mgetty from going defunct

jayjwa <jayjwa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

On Sat, 31 May 2008 19:37:33 +0800, Man-wai Chang ToDie (33.6k) wrote:

Is there something like chroot jail for calling
mgetty such that I could kill the parent when
mgetty going defunct?

Right now, I think mgetty, when called by upstart,
is being tied to init .....

mgetty goes defunct? I've never seen a getty do that. Maybe try agetty -
that's what I use.

Very bad idea. All authors advise the use of mgetty for answering modems.

[** America, the police state **]
Whoooose! What's that noise? Why, it's US citizen's
rights, going down the toilet with Bush flushing.

Relevant Pages