Re: Nothing is simple in Linux.....

"Mark Madsen" <mark.s.madsen+news@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:48452ee2$1_3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, 03 Jun 2008 01:07:07 -0400, jim wrote:

Then again, there are probably drivers in the Backtrack 3 distro that
are not included in Ubuntu (mainly the RT73 wireless adapter drivers and
other wireless goodies).

The rt73 is now supported by the rt2x00 drivers, which have been in the
main kernel tree since January.

All the recently released distros therefore support this wireless chipset
by default, and the D-Link DWL-G122 C1 (which uses the rt73) now comes in
a new box with the Tux logo and "Linux Support" printed on the front.

My experience is that it works under Ubuntu 8.04 and Slackware 12.1, that
is, everything I've tried it with.

I may try Ubuntu on USB and load the packages I need individually.

It's a damn shame though. Backtrack looks to have an excellent library
preloaded.

jim

  • Re: wireless mouse
    ... I am planning to buy a wireless mouse. ... Totally agree, and support. ... I have used the Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse combos since 2003 ... Ubuntu recognises the device, and it works perfectly. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: wireless mouse
    ... I am planning to buy a wireless mouse. ... the mouse which is supported by Ubuntu Linux 10.04 ... Totally agree, and support. ... Ubuntu recognises the device, and it works perfectly. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Nothing is simple in Linux.....
    ... other wireless goodies). ... All the recently released distros therefore support this wireless chipset ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: Wireless in Linux needs HELP
    ... Ubuntu and half of the other distros do support WPA and WEP. ... Now if you have a Wireless ... Doc - Ubuntu Bug Reporter ...
    (comp.os.linux)
  • Re: realtex 8172 wireless support
    ... A friend of mine has a lenovo with a RT 8172 wireless ... ... ubuntu 9.10 nor f12 seems to support this - ... Anyone know what the status of driver support for this is (2.6.32, ...
    (Fedora)