Re: Nothing is simple in Linux.....

"Mark Madsen" <mark.s.madsen+news@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:48452ee2$1_3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, 03 Jun 2008 01:07:07 -0400, jim wrote:

Then again, there are probably drivers in the Backtrack 3 distro that
are not included in Ubuntu (mainly the RT73 wireless adapter drivers and
other wireless goodies).

The rt73 is now supported by the rt2x00 drivers, which have been in the
main kernel tree since January.

All the recently released distros therefore support this wireless chipset
by default, and the D-Link DWL-G122 C1 (which uses the rt73) now comes in
a new box with the Tux logo and "Linux Support" printed on the front.

My experience is that it works under Ubuntu 8.04 and Slackware 12.1, that
is, everything I've tried it with.

I may try Ubuntu on USB and load the packages I need individually.

It's a damn shame though. Backtrack looks to have an excellent library
preloaded.

jim

.